Hanging by a Thread
Size: 5 ft 8 in, 150 lbs
Languages: Common, Elvish, Halfling
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Warlock Archetype: Archfey
Armor Proficiencies: Light Armor
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Weapons
Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, Deception, Investigation, Perception, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, forgery kit
Personality Traits: I cheat at games of chance. I pocket anything I see that might have some value.
Ideals: I’m determined to make something of myself.
Bonds: A powerful person killed someone I love. Some day I’ll have my revenge.
Flaws: I’m too greedy for my own good. I can’t resist taking a risk if there’s money involved.
- Lloyd came from a modest background. He grew up admiring the wealthy nobles of his hometown and vowed to find a way to the upper class.
- He’s also lazy. So he figured the easiest way to make money was to cheat at gambling.
- Lloyd was excellent at cheating, to the point where he became overly cocky.
- One day, he and a particularly dreadful male elf were playing poker. The elf wagered his soul. Lloyd thought he was joking and agreed. Lloyd lost.
- The elf demanded his payment, but Lloyd refused.
- “Coward,” the elf muttered as he disappeared in a puff of smoke.
- Lloyd went home with an uneasy feeling. He arrived just in time to witness the elf completing a teleportation spell with Lloyd’s sister held captive.
- Lloyd sought every lead he could find in search of his sister. After extensive research, Lloyd discovered a way to obtain magic powers through forging a pact with an Archfey.
- He summoned an Archfey, the Prince of Fools, and told the deity his story.
- The Archfey agreed to help Lloyd. The elf that captured Lloyd’s sister had formed a pact with a rival Archfey, the Green Lord. The Prince of Fools saw Lloyd as an opportunity to destroy his nemesis.
- And so began Lloyd’s search for the elf that kidnapped his sister.
- Lloyd started off Chaotic Neutral but changed to Chaotic Good after his sister was kidnapped.
- The Prince of Fools gave Lloyd the power of incredible charisma. Though many recognize Lloyd as a jerkwad, others find him oddly charming.
- At one point during his research, Lloyd discovered an ornate brooch of Dwarven design along the Svalich Woods near Borovia. Naturally, he pocketed it.